Diversity, equity and inclusion are inextricably linked to UCSF's mission of education, research and patient care, and UCSF faculty, staff, students and trainees are actively engaged in equity and inclusion in multiple local, regional and global settings. Each year this award recognizes and honors three individuals at UCSF—one faculty, one staff, one student/resident/postdoctoral scholar—who have demonstrated outstanding commitment and service to the advancement of women beyond the scope of their job, area of research, or training.
Eligibility Requirements for Nomination
Nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a UCSF academic or staff employee (with a minimum 50% appointment), or a student, a resident, or a postdoctoral scholar at the time of nomination. (Questions regarding academic status, employment, and enrollment eligibility can be answered by Human Resources or Student Academic Affairs prior to submitting a nomination).
- Have not previously received the award.
- Have exhibited and sustained efforts toward engaging in diversity, equity, and inclusion as delineated below in the "Selection Criteria.”
Nominees will be evaluated per the following criteria:
Base of Operations—demonstrates emerging or sustained commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts for the advancement of women, proportionate to their capacity to do so. (Some employees in higher level positions/jobs may have a greater capacity to perform this service more visibly than those in lower level positions).
Scope & Effort—demonstrates exceptional efforts beyond the scope of the nominee’s job, research or training in the accomplishment of promoting an environment that is free of bias and discrimination and advances goals of diversity, equity, and inclusion for the advancement of women.
Impact—demonstrates that their diversity, equity and inclusion efforts for the advancement of women have resulted in long-term benefits to recipients and community at large or a potential model for the establishment of other programs or activities.
Required Nomination Materials
Nominations require completion and submission of the following three forms electronically by June 13, 2017:
- e-Nomination Form (information about the nominee, nominator, and supporter)
- e-Nomination Letter Form (information from nominator attesting to the nominee's fulfillment of the selection criteria)
- e-Support Letter Form (information from supporter attesting to the nominee's fulfillment of the selection criteria)
Download a copy of this Advancement of Women Award description and criteria.